Saturday, November 18, 2006

I have to learn how to say "whee-hoo" in Italian...

I do know how to say, "I'd love it!" It's "Magari!" Italians love to say things concisely and to the point. all in one word, si possibile. Whee-hoo! I did learn a really fun way to say "Good luck." "In bocca al lupo" means literally "a wolf in mouth", but people say it to wish good luck. In response, people say "Crepi il lupo", which means "Hopefully the wolf will die!" Funny, huh? You know, just when I get more into studying and--now that I'm not working--have time to study, I leave my "Italian for Dummies" book in my car. Oh, well.
Anyway, the people are looking forward to seeing me in Vicenza, according to Francesco Fergnani, the preacher. I look forward to meeting him! It'll be FUN. Divertiro!!!! Okay, I know, ENOUGH ITALIAN. sorry, I'm just glad I know a few key phrases.
Nother subject. have not been as dedicated to exercise lately. Have not gained it back but have hit a slump. need to get OUT. huh, fun to type the first letter in the sentence in a lower case letter. driving you crazy Holly? ^_^ anyway, that's beside the point. so, I still have 7 more to drop before I enter the land of total health. I hope I haven't been too personal with this whole weight loss thing. I've been really excited, and who better to share excitement with than family and friends, right?
Stryker, i think suspects that Bryan and I will be leaving him soon. He can tell, and is more needy lately. wants our attention an 'at. 'sall good. We'll be back before he knows it. Honestly, it's a little strange to think about how long we'll be in Italy is as long as we've been in PA. It feels like another lifetime! God's funny. He puts you places you don't think you'll be until you get there, and then He makes you realize that He's been right all along. Why do we continually put up fights with him?
tomorrow's Sloppy Joe Singing, meaning we have church, and then we make sloppy Joe's for lunch. After that, we're going to learn some devotional songs to sing at church. It'll be great fun! I love to sing the newer songs. I do cherish the older ones, yes, but I look forward to sharing these with the church tomorrow. These people are amazing. I never thought I'd enjoy a smaller church as much as I do. Again, ALL GOD.
Okay, this was a long post. Love to all!!!!


Kim, just think about it--this could be Bison or Belle!
also, something messed up--the picture doesn't show on its own, so click on the brown box and it'll show up ^_^

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, you and Bryan will be missed so much, not only by your family scattered all over, but also by your church family there in PA. I know people will especially miss your "hi-notes." However, in the grand scheme of things, 3-4 months is really not that long, so you'll be back in the USA before you know it. We'll keep you in our prayers. Keep the blogs and e-mails coming to keep us up-to-date on your doin's.

Anonymous said...

BTW, wheee-hoo! :)

Kristi Petrak said...

Thank you, Aunt Donna. ^_^
And nice job on the "Whee-hoo"ing. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi!

Just a couple more days! I know you are excited and I also know that God will be with you and Bryan and will bless your work.

Love you!

P.S. I brought back a deck of cards for you from South Beach!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kristi, Have fun and be safe. I know you are going to have a great experience. You will make it that, even if there are glitches. That's just your nature. We love both of you.

Kim Hodges said...

Hee hee. Great picture! I showed it to John, and he said, "That's awesome!"

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I didn't get the deck of cards mailed to you, so I'll just hang on to them! Meanwhile, we'll be in touch! We'll be praying for your safe trip this week! Love you both.