It's officially summer now. We've had some weird days of weather here in good ole Pittsburgh. The weather was actually 98 one day last week! That's unheard of for June. I know people reading this from Arkansas and Texas are saying, "Yeah, add humidity to that and we might feel bad for you," but that's hot for PA folks! It's not supposed to be that way until August. Our preacher even said, "Why are we having the dog days of summer in June??"
At any rate, my skin has tasted the sun's wrath. Perhaps being stubborn isn't as fun as it used to be. Seeing also as cancer runs in the family, perhaps I should be "wiser" in protecting my skin from harmful rays.
I definitely enjoyed the time spent in the sun, though. I was at a friend's house in the pool from 10AM-4PM. It was GREAT. ^_^ Luckily for me, I am surrounded by friends with pools, so I will be pool-hopping all summer.
Bryan has been busily inventing sauces and presenting them at Heinz. I'm glad he's able to use his God-given talent for food and flavor and share them with others. They liked the sauce he invented and may market it! ^_^ How fun would that be? ^_^
It was this sweet tangy honey sauce with a kick at the end. Yea for hubby! ^_^
We've been puppy-sitting lately, since our neighbor drives a truck sometimes for a week at a time. This puppy is a 16-year old chihuahua. She walks like an old lady, slowly making her way across the floor. She's so cute and tiny, but she's really more of a big gerbil than a dog. Not quite the rough-and-tumble dog we've been used to having...She's a sweetie, though.
Psychopharmacology is a very interesting class. We watch lots of videos about people, their brains, and how they work with or without drugs. I'm learning a lot, and this knowledge will benefit me when I counsel next year. So crazy--almost done with school!!
Love to all and miss you!! ^_^
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sorry about the sunburn, but I know you will enjoy pool time this summer.
How wonderful that Bryan is getting to be creative at work! It was so good to see him at the wedding.
At the recommendation of the Chair of Pharmacy Practice, I recorded and watched a couple of shows (one on PBS and the other on MTV-Real Lives)about depression and medication therapy. I know cognitive therapy is important for long term recovery, but so many people need a little pharmacotherapy first so they can handle the demands of counseling! Soak it all up! You're going to be able to help others with your training! XO
How 'come lots of your friends in PA, where it's not that hot, have pools and I have ONE friend here in hot TX with a pool ... and she doesn't invite anybody over to swim in it! Today was Johnathan's last swim lesson, so we stayed an extra couple of hours! I'm a little crispy myself. Two words: Aloe Vera!
Oooooooo, I'm so sorry about the sunburn. Hope you feel better soon.
That is soooo cool about Bryan creating these sauces. I'm such a "foodie." :)
I found your blog!! It's great to see you in blogland.
Post a Comment