Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ch-ch-changes... :)

I suppose the biggest change is two posts in three days...wow :) Hee hee!

Bryan got into Grad School!! We are so excited for him!! He is going to get his Food Science Degree at Kansas State--online, so we don't have to move--but it is a very good program for this degree! He is going to do so well...I'm so proud of him :) We found out today!!

Hmm, that's all that's really changed :) I love so many things that have stayed the same though!! I've really enjoyed being in Searcy and driving around all the old places I used to go. It's almost surreal to go back to my old gym and do my old classes with some of the same instructors. Dance Aerobics was just as wonderful as I remembered :)

Kinda happy that nothing else is different at this time :) People are still greeted with the "Harding Heyyyyy"--Hardingites should know what I mean... :) Singing at church here is still amazing and uplifting. I drove to the post office in Searcy almost with muscle memory, but in the interest of saving time, I googled "Searcy Post Office", and I had driven to West Academy, just on the opposite side :) That was fun!

What's also special is that there are still not really strangers in Searcy. I can have a conversation with anybody I don't know and not feel weird or that I've invaded their personal space because they do the same to me! Pittsburghers are nice--don't get me wrong--but you don't always talk to people you don't know :)

Any English teacher would not be a fan of this particular post because of its poorly written structure and lack of organization. At this point, I mention loving another thing that has not changed--family who reads and loves it for being mine :)

Man, I'm blessed :) Love to all!! K

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Your perspective is always such a blessing to read! I love how thankful you are to God for all the things he's given you. Pittsburgh has no idea what a gem they have living there!

Kristi Petrak said...

Thanks Deborah!! U are sweet!! :)

Aunt Donna said...

Love this post, Kristi! I am so thankful I got to see you last week! Let's hope it won't be long before we can do that again. And I could totally "Ditto" everything that Deborah said. ;)