Saturday, June 11, 2011

Connections

One of my kids reminded me the other day why I'm a therapist--making connections with people :) I love people. In therapy, i get to meet a ton of people, some of with whomI get to form a special bond. I was reminded of such a bond on Thursday night. I was talking with one of my kids, and when she was talking, i was completing her sentences. I knew what she meant, and I could tell she was glad that i knew what she meant. I get excited to form relationships with people. I wish that therapy was only that; however, we do paperwork, which takes an emotional incident and turns it into data, statistics, reports--totally impersonal. It takes special kids to remind us of how being therapists renews hope, love, and hopefully, trust! God has blessed me to connect with some...not all!!...of the kids with whom i work. I wish i could with everybody, but some are just too damaged. Trauma is dangerous, in that it takes perfectly good people and can mess them up forever. People can learn about themselves and their trauma and learn how to have healthy attachments. I am so grateful that the people in my life who raised me, not just my parents, but aunts, uncles, grandparents, teachers, and friends, have loved me and connected with me, teaching me that making connections is important. God bless the people who read this post. I love you and know that you make positive connections with others!! Thank you for doing HIS work!!!!
love and miss, K! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, this is so beautiful. I love your indepth love for humankind. I have always seen it in you as you spread joy to others. It is a gift from our creator that will help you as you minister to others.

Jennifer said...

I love you, sweet friend, and I love reading your blog. You are such a beautiful person.

Kristi Petrak said...

Thank you both! :) Love you!!

Carol J said...

You're so right. It's all about relationships! Love God.... love each other. Thanks for the good thoughts today!

Aunt Donna said...

Wow! Kristi, you never cease to amaze me with your insight and understanding of other people. You are definitely being used by God in your job, and I know the kids you work with are so blessed to have you as their therapist/counselor/friend. May God continue to bless you as you bless others.

Kristi Petrak said...

Thank you, Mom, and Aunt Donna!!