You will never appreciate going to the store and buying face cleanser until you have to do it in another country. What product is this? How does it work? Will it really get rid of pimples? Sorry, gross, but it is REAL LIFE and you cannot appreciate it until you have to do it somewhere other than you are used to being. No big deal. Well, not REALly. Just one of those things I am getting used to. I absolutely love it here, though. Vicenza has become my new (third) favorite place in Italy. Rome is cool, but it is not on that list anymore. Used to be my third favorite.
Julie, Lindsay, YES I am eating gelato for you. Rachel, YES, I am drinking cappucinos for you. Need to not gain that weight back, people, but eating this is a sacrifice I am willing to make. Still totally exercising. The DVD player in my room is pitiful. (No, I am not complainig about free, just stating a fact.) It is pitiful! that being said, when I use it to listen to work-out music, the music cuts out after 5 songs. At that point, I jog in place and wait *patiently* until it comes back. If I were in America, I would jog around outside, maybe, but Italians don't really do that. They don't have to exercise to be thin. So unfair!
I am having the BEST time here. I went to church last night with all the Ghana members, and I didn't understand a thing, except for when the Ghanese man next to me interpreted for me. Most of them speak Italian really well.
How am I coming on my Italian? Well, I've made it through half the "Italian for Dummies" book, and, well, they speak WAY TOO FAST. This American is having a bit of a hard time figuring out what people are saying, but luckily for me, they are patient. The ones that aren't just smile, stop talking, and walk away. Oh, well, I will be here for 3 months. There is TIME. ^_^
Okay, ciao mi amici e famiglia.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Go glad you made it there safely. Take care of yourself! You'll be speaking Italian better sooner since you have to work so hard at it right now!
Kristi, you are too funny! Hope you have a great time while you are there. And, be safe!
Love the updates, Kristi. We're glad you made it there safely. Sorry you and Bryan have to be apart for a while, but hopefully, you will both be so busy the time will fly by. Love you both.
Do i need to mail you pimple cream...LOL!!! Love ya!!!
Oooooh! What an exciting time. Glad you all made it safely and are enjoying it so much. I love hearing about yours and Bryan's progress in your new "home". Glad you are enjoying working with the church. I'm sure they are also glad to have you there. Keep smiling!
Post a Comment