

I've been catching up on classic movies lately. Bryan couldn't believe that I hadn't watched all the Star Wars movies since I was a kid. It was kinda cool, though, b/c it was as if I were watching them for the first time. I loved them--had lotsa fun watching them. Another set of movies that I'd never watched before, the exception being the first one, are the Rocky movies. They are GOOD!!! I always heard them grouped in with "those guy movies that girls never want to watch," but they were good!!! Could not believe how much I liked them. Another thing--I had always made fun of people who watched boxing with their fists clenched in the air. I did that today, watching "Rocky IV." I think what I like about the Rocky movies is that heart is crucial to succeeding. I have heart, but sometimes I forget that and get very discouraged. We all do. I've been discouraged lately b/c of the fact that we're coming home early. Customs has been insane with what they allow to get through, namely, Bryan's medicine. There are too many fees, too many difficult people to work with. We've decided to come home. We plan on serving there, and honestly probably will do better there for the Lord than here. Here at the church, they don't seem to have much needed to be done. I am updating their bulletin board--their pictures have the kids as babies, and now they're 7. ^_^ Anyway, that all said, heart fits into this whole thing b/c it is easy to lose heart. I encourage people to watch the Rocky movies b/c heart can be gained by fighting for it, realizing your priorities, and having a God manager--get it? ^_^ Love to all!!!

4 comments:
I remember when the first Rocky came out and people said how great it was. I started watching it (after it came out on video) and thought to myself, "OK, I don't get it. What's so great about it? Bloody faces, hands, boxing a side of beef, etc, ugh." THEN - the last 30 minutes, "Yeah, this IS great." I was hooked from then on.
Well, I'm sorry you are having to come home early, but Bryan's medications are a top priority. I am sure God will use you in His work whether it's in Italy or in the USA. We'll be praying for you both.
Thanks for that, Aunt Donna. Love and miss, can't wait to see you next. ^_^
I hate that your trip was cut short! These medical things kind of dictate our lives after a while, don't they? I know everyone will be happy to have you guys back for the holidays, though. Love you!
Oh, I'm so sorry that you are having to return early. What are the dates of your return, and to where will you be returning? Do you know the answers to any of those questions? I know you have had a profitable and fulfilling time, just cut a little too short. I know you will be used by God to do His work where ever you are. Health is a priority here. God's little nudges to let us know He is really directing our lives. Love you sooo much!
Post a Comment