Saturday, December 09, 2006

Pizza with french fries

Have you ever had pizza with french fries? Very tasty, believe it or not. No, I'm not going back to the states and ordering pizza with french fries on it. I liked it, though. It also had pancetta on it--yummy, yummy pancetta, which is an Italian bacon. Last night, the doorbell to the church rang, and it was Francesco Fergnani and his family, offering to take us out for pizza. How fun! It was great. Francesco has the cutest little family. He and his wife, Lorenza, have two beautiful little girls. They are so sweet, Miriam and Anna. If I decide to finish grad school for marriage and family therapy, I will think of them often as an example for an ideal family. I know every family has their difficulties, but Francesco's family is wonderful.
Other people in the church are cool as well. Valeria and Piero are very kind people. Valeria talks really quickly, but she's so expressive that I understand her the best. Between her and Lorenza, I can usually figure out what is going on b/c they describe as they talk, so even when I don't understand the actual words, I understand the basic meaning.
Okay, I'll write more when something else happens. Oh, and Aunt Donna, I have a surprise for you!! (With our history in presents for each other, you probably know what it is...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy, I can't wait! Thank you for thinking of me. By the way, have you gotten our letter yet? It had a little something in there for you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

"Pizza and Fries" -- That's right up there with "Raindrops on Roses" -- a few of my favorite things! I'm not sure I would put them together, though!

I am glad (and not surprised)that you are making friends so quickly!

Love you!

Kristi Petrak said...

Yes, Aunt Donna, and thank you VERY MUCH. So kind of you both. Love and miss you!!!!