So I gotta say, I love the ability to communicate through computers. I'm SO getting the internet at my house...eventually. In the meantime, I have a small window of time where I can "play" as opposed to working on the computer--papers, research, etc. When I'm finally able to play, I spend a lot of time on facebook, sending dumb little messages, throwing sheep at people--those who are not on facebook, you can uncrinkle your brows, it's legit--commenting on people's walls. It's way fun. I've totally negated my cousin responsibility to blog!! This blog is more of a written update, and the next blog--coming soon, really--will be pictures from our church Halloween party. We had so much fun!!! We actually called it a Harvest party because of certain people being offended, but hey, everybody has an opinion. I'm just glad all you cousins dressed up your kids and made them look adorable. I for one, am looking forward to seeing a picture of my little nephew dressed as Mr. Incredible.
Anyway, Mom says that everybody wants to know about school. It's great! I have really fun teachers, one of which reminds me of Richard Dreyfuss from "What About Bob", except for the fact that he's not mean. ^_^ He's my favorite--it's okay, none of my teachers read this blog. ^_^ I have a presentation today, and it will go well. I made the power point pretty without being obnoxious. How many of us have seen presentations where the presenter thought that every single letter should spin in so that by the 3rd slide, you have a massive headache or are feeling nauseated? Creativity with LIMITS. Who knew I'd ever say that?? ^_^
I have papers due in a few weeks, but I've already done some good research for one of them, and the other won't be very difficult because I already know where I'm going on it.
the people here are great. Kinda funny--you know how people say "The Harding Bubble"? People say the same thing about Geneva. It's cool. People can say what they want--I know what I believe and am not being shielded from reality. Haven't heard enough about school? Call me, I'll tell all. ^_^
Love life is GREAT. Bryan is the best husband in the whole world. Rachel, I laughed when I read your blog about making dinner and how it was a big deal for you--I feel the same way--I'm married to someone who makes my already lacking cooking skills seem null and void!!! I do try sometimes, but why cook when my husband can make it way better than I can? What I actually prefer is when we cook together. he's taught me how to make risotto, although I haven't tried it by myself because I don't want to mess it up, but I'm sure I could do it ifall the food in the world had vanished and all I had left to make was risotto. Just give me a pan and stove, don't forget the parmigiana reggiana, please!!
Bryan is doing well--they really like him at work and are beginning to give him projects on his own to research. For those who don't know, he works on pre-made food to find ways of making it taste better for less money. He does research and works with all those ingredients that no one can pronounce on the backs of packages. ^_^ I'm really proud of the work he does for Heinz.
Stryker is happy at the house. He loves to get in the cornfields and run like crazy. He would do that all day if we let him, but I make sure to give him some good running time a few times a week. He's got so much energy!!! Ah, the joys of being a 2-year old dog: running, water, food, playing with toys, and a little bit of affection from Bryan and me.
Nuff said. Finally. ^_^
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Thanks for the update! I've missed you so much. Sorry that your "old cousins" aren't quite into the facebook scene.
But we'll take a blog post every now and then from you. It's so good to know you and Bryan are doing well.
Great to hear from you again, Kristi. Sounds like you and Bryan are doing well. Keep up the good work with school. I know you are looking forward to completing this MA program. Love you.
I'm so glad you updated! Although, I must say I enjoy throwing the occasional cow at you. :) It's good to hear that things are going so well for you guys. Tell Bryan hi for me!
Mr. Incredible pics to come ... :)
Your parmigiana reggiana and risotto sound a little more high class than the grilled cheese and tomato soup we lived on until I could increase my cooking repitore!
I am so proud of your hard work in school. One advantage of graduate work is that you get to focus on courses you really care about! I know God is preparing you for good things ahead!
Ooooh! So glad for the update. I'm glad that you are enjoying school. It sounds like you are doing so well. What is your time line for finishing your masters? You'll be so great! Love you guys!
Post a Comment