Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yea!!

Aunt Kathy, you ROCK. Your recipe went really well for our Spring Chef-tacular. It was great fun!! Plus, instead of using frozen pizza dough, I went to the Strip District--please tell me you've been there--and bought some fresh-made dough, and it was GREAT. It was so cheap, too--3 big bags of dough for $3.50!!
The rolls were really fun. I put spinach in them so they could make the contest, and they were a hit. They didn't win because there was a really amazing lasagna with spinach in it, a really good spinach tart, and someone even put spinach in brownies!! I dared them to be creative and put spinach in a dessert if they could, and the brownies were excellent and gooey. ^_^
Life is good--busy, but good. Now, I'm spending all my "spare time" on my last paper and getting ready for finals. No big deal--just big tests!!! It'll be great, though, I just know it.
Mamaw, you rock and are so much fun to talk with on the phone. Just had to put that in there. ^_^
Bryan's good--he rocked a barbecue for work the other day, and they rewarded him with overtime and a really nice gift card. He made the best thing for dinner last night--uber-tender steaks (that they also gave him at the bbq) cooked with fresh morel mushrooms and an amazing cream sauce with asparagus. Yea!! I know I've said this before, but "Oh, the life of a chef's wife!"
Love to all!!!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so very jealous of so many items in this post.

Anonymous said...

I’m confused. When you say that “Bryan rocked a barbeque,” did he rock it like “MaMaw you rock (awesome good),” or was there some actual masonry going on there? I could see Bryan doing a spectacular job cooking some down home barbeque, but at first read yoru words conjured up images of him building a primitive cooking hearth.

At any rate, life sounds good for you and that makes me very happy! Literally yours, mom

Kim Hodges said...

lol ... Mom ... "rocked a bbq"!

Glad you're having a good week!

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm laughing right now at "mom's" comments. Too funny. However, my first comment was that this contest sounds like so much fun. Hmmm - spinach in brownies -- I think I'd like to try that! I do love spinach. And I am totally gonna try that spinach in pepperoni rolls. Sounds like you all had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the brownies that won were made from the recipe in "Deceptively Delicious."

Anonymous said...

Glad you had pepperoni roll inspiration. I think that sounds really great. My baby sister is so funny..."rocked a bbq"...made me laugh! Lucky you to have such a talented husband. No, never been to the Strip District. You'll have to direct me sometime.

Miss G said...

Kristi, I was visiting with Mamaw and Papaw this weekend and she reminded me that you live in Pittsburgh. That's where my fiance's family lives. I can't remember if I've commented on your blog before (I've stopped by once or twice from Deborah's or Kim's) but anyway, it's fun to know you live there. And yes, I've been to Pittsburgh only three times and I've been to The Strip District! Amazing mozzeralla de buffala, yummy Italian meats, ahhh . . . the foodie love! My favorite food place in Pittsburgh is Dozen Cupcakes and I can't wait to visit their new location, Dozen Bakeshop in Lawrenceville. Have you been to either? Kelly