My first flight was delayed. No big deal. I looked at my flight time and thought, with an hour flight, I'll still have an hour and a half layover. I was in the C boarding group, and for you non-flyers, that meant that I was the last to board. no big deal. I then was a little worried I might be stuck with one of those big-armed, hog the arm rest, fat men. or worse, I'd be stuck BETWEEN THEM.
wouldn't you love to sit between these two?
Anyway, I saw a spot between two thin 40's-ish men, and I figured this was going to be the best spot available, so when I asked if I could sit there, they said, "That depends, are you a Cardinals fan?" Then I said, "I was in Pennsylvania watching the Cardinals play the Pirates, and I cheered for the Cardinals!" They let me sit down.
The gentleman to my left and I talked the whole time. It's nice to not be the one boring somebody. We just kept talking! I think he'd be perfect for my mom. Too bad he lives in Kansas City. ^_^
Anyway, the plane landed in St. Louis, and then the flight was continuing on to Chicago. by the time we got to Chicago, there were FIVE MINUTES until the last call to board my connecting flight to Pennsylvania!!!! Freaked out, thinking about the fact that I could potentially miss my plane and have to spend the night in Chicago, I took off my HIGH-HEELED SHOES and BOOKED IT. I'm sure I looked hilarious, barefoot and sprinting while wearing a huge backpack, but I was a wreck! Plus, I heard a thud! behind me and then "Ma'am, MA'AM!" It was simply people telling me that I had dropped a book out of my backpack, so I grabbed my book and took off again.
I looked at my watch, which said NINE, and my plane was supposed to take off at 8:55. I got to B10 and said, "Is...the plane...still there...?" (all the while gasping for breath.) The guy said, "Don't worry, it's still here--oh, they probably didn't tell you that they would hold the plane, did they?" to which I replied, "nooooooooo!!!!!!!" Behind me was an equally out of breath and quite relieved girl that was on the same flight I was.
Anyway, I made it home safely. Bryan picked me up. BIG hugs, fun kisses.
So glad to be back. Had a wonderful vacation--thanx Mom for making everything so homey! I had fun in Texas playing with Kim's beautiful kids. Johnathan loved the puzzle I got him, so that was fun putting it together. Also, we watched my new edition of "The Little Mermaid." I loved seeing the way his face lit up!!!
Love to all!!!!!! ^_^

2 comments:
The trip home was more eventful that you would have liked, but as always, you made it a fun adventure!
It was great having you here!
Thanks for keeping your eyes open for me! :) Who needs match.com or e-harmony when you have kristi-on-the-hunt.com!
Excuse me, but you were in the St. Louis airport and I didn't know about it???????????????? Well, you're excused if you had just enough time to make your connecting flight! :) I know I don't have to tell you, but if you do ever find yourself going through St. Louis and you miss a flight, or get bumped, or whatever, please call us and we'll come get you, take you to our house to rest (or if not enough time to go to our house, at least hang out with you somewhere) and get you back to the airport in time for your next flight! Love your airport story too. Aren't thoughtful husbands wonderful?? And I love your mom's name for your matchmaking website! :)
Post a Comment