I didn't want to, but I did. I said goodbye to Bryan today. I hate to see him take off on that bus to Pio-stinking-vene Rocchette. No, I'm sure it's a wonderful place. Chef Mauro and his family seem like really nice people, at least, that's what Bryan tells me. I just don't like to see him go! Before he left, though, we took a picture together in one of those photo booths, and it was fun. It's a pretty funny picture. We took a picture together that I will next week put on my blog, but we ran out of time this visit. We really enjoyed our time together, shopping together, cooking together, even cleaning together.
Okay, so what kind of work am I doing? I was given permission, first of all, to take the first coupla weeks and adjust to life in Vicenza. Lotsa things are like living in America--if you don't go out to eat, you cook for yourself. You clean, you watch movies or read if you get bored, although here I can always walk outside two steps and go to Teatro Olimpico, 15 more to go to Piazza Signoria, which has the best markets on Thursdays. It'll be packed with Christmas stuff the next few weeks.
Who's excited about Christmas??? ME!!!! I've been listening to the Mannheim Steamroller CDs like always, and I brought "It's a Wonderful Life" so Bryan and I can watch it together. We'll have fun celebrating his birthday, too.
Okay, I digress. Anyway, I will work with the Army Base, in a way, helping to advertise there for the church. I will put up signs letting them know we are here. With the church, I'm helping them organize a big dinner for another church. It's actually a weekend event that we plan with another church. We cook for them and just have fun together all weekend. Today, when I get back to the apartment, I'll study some more Italian, but everybody says I'm improving. Yeah!!!
Okay, nuff for now. Love to ALL!!!
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Kristi,
I am so excited that you are in Italy! What a dream come true for you to be working, serving, loving in Europe (albeit without Bryan)! Your spunk and creativity will be a blessing to the church there--you a light to the nations today!
Much love,
Aunt Jina
I completly understand having to say goodbye to your husband for along periods of time! NO FUN AT ALL! I feel ya girl! :)
You can make it! You're going to great with your work with the churches.
Hey Kristi! Yes, YOU CAN do it! Whatever is before you (language, new projects, time apart from family) you CAN because we serve a "CAN DO" God! Remember that with Him all things are possible.
I'm glad you have your Christmas CDs. Having something familiar to hear will be a comfort to your ears in a land where everything else you hear sounds foreign! I was talking with a man who was a missionary and he said that his Christian CDs were a real comfort to him because hearing his home language was encouraging and the words of the songs were inspiring.
Thanks for keeping us all posted with your blog. You are in the prayers of many people!
XO, Mom
Post a Comment