I've been described as many things--happy, silly, funny, crazy--not really but in a fun way, a little dorky at times, etc. Tonight, I refer to the title of my blog. I think it is healthy to do this every once in a while. Not too often, of course, or this loses its luster. Now, you busy moms, mamaws, and nanas out there may have forgotten what this is like. This is what you do. you go home, relishing the fact that you worked hard all morning, and in between chasing dogs in and out of the house, letting them find relief outside, you lay on the couch like a useless lump. Another important part to being a good UL is that you can watch something on tv that you taped forever ago but had no time to watch until now. For instance, the Grammy's. I was not particularly impressed this year. There were some good performances, yes, but for the most part, I'm tired of all the new stuff. I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but if I hear "Snow" ONE more time--no, there's something about it that's addictive. I think it's that I love to harmonize with it. Curtis cousins out there? Still harmonizing to things? Here's a hint--we HAVE to get together for Christmas! There is talk of doing so for next Christmas--I think it's next one--and I want to sing with everybody. Ok, back to the Grammy's.
I agreed with Holly--loved Christina Aguilera's performance save the last note and the ultra-high "whoooo" near the end. She is amazing and extremely talented. No more James Blunt, please. Big deal, you're beautiful. You are a Rod Stewart wannabe and will not last as long.
Justin Timberlake is extremely talented. I am tired of his name. I have a tendency to shy away from names that everybody is talking about. This is why it took me forever to watch "The Notebook", although I watched it and then liked it.
Good call having the Police reunite for the show. What a tremendous opening!
Anyway, I relaxed a whole bunch. I recommend it for anybody who's busy most of the time. Take time to relax every once in a while. God did--why shouldn't you?
Love to all!!!!!
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think I am doing the useless lump thing right now...YUP! I am!
Post a Comment