Okay, so I know all you people with kids know this word. Well, dogs have to have them too. Stryker gets in these kicks where he'll just start barking at me. He thinks that barking will get him what he wants, but all his needs are met except one. He's hungry. Yes, I feed my dog regularly, but here's the thing. He sometimes wants to eat on his own terms, not when I tell him to. Usually I'll put the food in front of him, and he'll dive right in. Today, however, he was picky and decided not to eat all of his food when it was in front of him, so we picked it up. At 2, he started whining for his food. And now he's in doggy prison, hence the title, "Time Out." Well, sorry, big guy, but if you don't eat when we tell you to, you can just wait until your next meal! Dogs are funny. They can be temperamental, just like people. They are better at unconditional love, though--they don't hold grudges. I won't elaborate--everybody has seen the forwards. Aren't forwards funny? They all end up saying the same things, whether it be truths that make you feel good, truths that make you feel bad, or just funny or dumb-funny jokes. I read them anyway, though, just to see what some random person on my list thought that I just HAD to read. But I digress.
Lately, Bryan and I are working hard, trying to learn our new jobs. He's working by himself tonight, working the line, doing the best he can. He says it gets really busy at Eleven. (The restaurant, not the time. Ha.)
I am in the meantime learning the menu for Applebee's, making sure that I know everything that is in every item on the menu. It's a lot of information!! I used to think it could be easy to be a server, and it will be, I just have to get into the routine. I know I can do it though. Besides, this is the money i need to earn before I get back into school in August. I'm PSYCHED. (Haven't gotten accepted yet, but it's only a matter of TIME.)
Love to all!
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bless your soul for working in food again. I know the bills have to get paid, but I'm just not sure I could go that route again. I'm glad you guys are doing well!
I know you will do a great job, but it is a big job to learn all that stuff. Applebee's is one of our favorite places to eat. I love the Oriental Chicken Salad. I hope you and Bryan are getting settled back in to being in P'burgh and back at work.
Post a Comment