
(This is Stryker pleading for everybody to get together.)
Okay. The time has COME. The Curtises haven't had Christmas together since 1995. Some of us have gotten together through travelling, meaning mamaw and Papaw, who have gotten to see everybody periodically. And why shouldn't they? Everybody loves to come to see them, just not at the same time. It must happen this year! I'm calling this the 6 month plea because it gives everybody time to get their Christmas schedules together where we can all be, well, together. Think about it--the amazing singing--I'm so hungry for it!--Aunt Kathy's pepperoni rolls and puppy chow (that peanut butter chocolate and powdered sugar stuff), Aunt Donna's enchiladas, Mom's(Aunt Carol's to some) blackberry cobbler, Uncle Randy's humor ^_^, and ANYTHING that Mamaw makes. People can draw names for just the right Christmas gift, the way we used to do it--cousins draw cousins, grown-ups draw grown-ups, and everybody gets gifts for the cousins kids and for Mamaw and Papaw. Ooh, and we can't forget the big stocking!!!! Remember what goes on the side--new drawers filled with the stocking excess. ^_^ For our morning coffee, we can have those lovely little chocolate covered spoons. Ooh, and I'll make a pound cake. Everybody loves pound cake, right?
All that aside, I just MISS everybody!!! Keeping up by blogging is beautiful, but it's NOT the same as hearing Aunt Kathy sing "Oh Holy Night". Ooh, my i-tunes is on shuffle. A CHRISTMAS song just came on. It's fate!!!! This is the Christmas that everybody MUST come together!!! I really hope it works out. I want to see everybody so badly. So many hugs, so many laughs, so many hours of playing games and watching "Claymation Christmas" and "Miracle on 34th Street."
Love to ALL! ^_^

6 comments:
Kristi! I would love it if we could all get together. However, for the Haugh family, it would be better for us to do it next year. Next year Zach and Cas will be in AR anyway (having Christmas with her family) and also next year James will be home. This year is Z&C's Christmas in WV and James is gone this year :( I really want you all to meet him and I want him to meet all of you.... if we all decide this is the year for the Curtis Christmas, we'll be there.... but next year would be a better year.... for us anyway! :)
We'll be in Searcy this year for sure ... next year, not sure ... it's Hodges Xmas next year, my Xmas this year.
We alternate Christmas with our families, too. It gets crazy after you're married! But I know what you mean--it would be great if everyone could get together again. :)
Yikes! Where would we all stay?! Maybe Papaw can finally get that addition built! Ha! Just Kidding, Daddy.
If we decided to get the whole family together, I could check into renting the facility at Camp Wyldewood or Camp Tahkodah.
Whee-hoo! There are solutions! Let's get this in the works! ^_^
Post a Comment