Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dress Woes...

Why can't I find a dress????? For ONCE it's not my weight! ^_^ No, unfortunately, it's just the style. It's the time of the season for baring. I just can't wear those strapless dresses to church. I'm not going to judge people who can. More power to them. I feel uncomfortable. I want a cute dress that I can wear to church, and I can't find one! The irony is Penney's used to be my place where I'd always find a dress. It now seems as if they have dresses with sleeves for old ladies, or in a younger style but black. It's summer! I don't want to wear a black dress in summer. I'd feel blah. Again, more power to those who can. I want pink. Actually, it was kinda funny because when I was at Penney's, I thought "WHERE IS A NICE PINK DRESS?" only to turn around and see a tweed, pepto bismol colored jacket. PASS.
Apparently, fashion designers--Megan, Tiffany, are you paying attention to this?--think that sleeves are only for those 80+ and the rest of us will just have to wear a jacket. I suppose I could, but I'd rather just find a cute sleeveless dress or one with short sleeves, a nice light blue or pink color, maybe a yellow, and one that I can wear to church.
Lucky for me, I go to church with people--I don't tell them nearly enough how cool they are ^_^-- who wear jeans and tee shirts, or sometimes a jacket and nice pants, or nice button-ups. I was raised though, like many of the people who read this blog, to dress for God on Sunday morning. On the one hand, He's just glad we're there together to worship Him. On the other, I have the "dress for God" mentality drilled into my head.
So until I find just the right dress, I will continue to wear my khakis and shirts or jeans and button-up, or one of my older dresses that have managed to last as long as they have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, you'll look cute in whatever you wear! But I know what you mean about the dresses. I think there just aren't that many cute ones out there right now. Meanwhile, maybe you could look online at Kohl's, Dillards, or Macy's and find something on sale! :)

Tiffany Rose said...

Hey have you tried B Moss?!?! It's a great WV/ PA store where Cassandra and I found five or six cute dresses that are "church appropriate". I understand the strapless dress to church thing.... I actually did wear one two Sunday's ago and I was so uncomfortable.... not gonna do that again anytime soon! :)

Anonymous said...

That's why God made cardigan sweaters girls! Ha! Yes, our B Moss is really a pretty good store. Imagine that, in WV!