I just finished my FAFSA!!!!!!! SO excited! I'm officially going back to school and I'm SO ready. It's TIME. I want to do something more meaningful than bringing somebody their coffee. Gotta say, though, every experience I've ever had has brought good along with the bad. I don't regret working at Applebee's ONE bit, and not just for the money. It's built my confidence in my self,and brought me closer to God, believe it or not. I've met the most interesting people there, workers, bosses, customers. I think God puts us at places so we'll impact and be impacted. I've definitely been impacted. I think I'll be a better counselor for it, actually.
And did I mention I'm thrilled to be finished with my FAFSA? ^_^
Government is beneficial, with the good and bad. They still have several kinks to work out in its system. Not willing to try myself, though. i was not meant to be involved with government. Just not my thing. I'd rather pray for good politicians to lead us as presidents than for me to go for it myself. I never was that interested in history, government, etc. Hey, let's all just play our strengths. While I'm not the best at "conversating", I'm pretty good at listening, and I'm a lot better at reading people than I used to be. I used to think that people who didn't want to talk a lot with me just didn't like me. Some people just don't like small talk, especially with the server at the restaurant. These people are NOT mean. I used to react off of this and not be sure how to serve them, but now I know that if the person doesn't respond with boisterous conversation, it means get them what they need efficiently, give them as many refills as they can take withOUT talking during--silent server, and be QUIETLY polite. For doing that yesterday, I was rewarded with a 33% tip! ^_^ Was very nice.
People. I'm looking forward to PEOPLE! I'm so ready to be in classes with them, but also to counsel them. I'm ready to work hard and to be recognized for my studying. I'm ready for A's and succeess after difficult tests, and I'm ready to once again be in a Christian school. I've missed being with Christians outside of church. Don't get me wrong, I hang out with some people I go to church with outside of church, but mostly, I'm at work with people who don't hold the same belief system that I do. I love them to death, but conversing about God becomes difficult.
Well, thanx for listening. I have been in communicado lately, and I miss everybody so much. Okay, time to visit your blogs now! Love to ALL. ^_^
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Learning to read people is one of those "hot topics" in business these days. I think it is called "emotional intelligence." -- I prefer to call it empathy and genuinely caring about the people you come in contact with. With your 33% tip, you are learning what the folks in business are writing about!
Great to talk with you today!
Good to see an update!
Also, thanks for the birthday wishes, Kristi-girl.
I'm glad you are getting to go back to school, Kristi. You will be a fabulous counselor. Wish we could see you!
Post a Comment