This weekend was filled with Fink. The Finks are Bryan's mom's family, and there are many members of this crew. Plus, we have 2 Lindas, 2 Dianes, and several zany uncles, so we had a laugh RIOT. I had a blast. These people are so COOL. I'm just getting to know how cool they are because I only see them a coupla times a year. The Finks were here for two things--their 4th of July--technically on the 1st--/family reunion and one of the cousin's--Linny's--wedding shower. It was great! The shower had the usual stuff--nice gifts, girly little finger foods, lovely treats to take home afterward, etc. We also had a nice pot of chocolate fondue to go with bananas, marshmallows, and strawberries. It was all girls except for the fiance, Randy, so there was a whole lotta giggling. At the end of the night, Uncle Rick--whose house hosted the shower--got out his bongos and played while we were listening to music and having a ball.
The next day was the family reunion. It was also a birthday party for Uncle Rick, and the theme was Heinz 57 because...he was good humored about it. He cracks me up. All the uncles do. ^_^
Like any reunion, it was filled with lotsa laughter and really good food. These people know how to cook, too! After the reunion, we went bowling. (I bowled a 125--whee-hoo!!!)
I gotta say, I'm SO lucky to have married into such a fun family. I'm looking forward to Linny's wedding at the end of August. God blessed me with a good husband, and a good set of in-laws. Whee-hoo!
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment