Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Life is but a mist...

Wow, James had it right. A friend of mine from Harding died the other day. He was a great guy, and he died of an enlarged heart. I'm not putting his name up to protect his family, but he was a good man. There wasn't a person who met him who wasn't touched by his compassion and congeniality.
Death affects us all, making us wonder what we're doing TODAY that will make life better for those around us. Makes me not want to waste time fighting about small things. I'm just shocked that he died. God be with him and his family.
This is my prayer for you, family and friends, whom I love. Live today as if you won't have tomorrow. I guarantee you will tell your spouse you love him/her even more. We won't fight over petty things. My Bible will be read today. Prayers that might not be said will be prayed today.
God, I pray that we will make our lives count, making each moment a service to you.
Love to all, Kristi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kristi, I'm so sorry about the death of your friend, but what a wonderful tribute to him. Thank you for reminding us what is really important in our lives. I think we all get too caught up with the "busy-ness" of life, and forget the most important all too often. Love you bunches!

Jennifer said...

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about that. You might want to contact people in Searcy because apparently another guy you guys went to high school with died today suddenly...thought you'd want to check it out for yourself. Michael's thinking about going for the funeral. I think his name was Brian. You're right. Life is but a mist. Isn't it comforting to know that as Christians we have something better waiting?

Anonymous said...

I know you make a difference in the lives of those around you each day, Kristi. You have always been one to look for opportunities to encourage others. Yes, life is a mist, but eternity is - well - forever! An eternity spent basking in the light and love of Jesus is definitely something to look forward to! XO

Anonymous said...

So sorry dear about your friend. That is a shock I'm sure. Thanks for your words to remind us of the important things. We occasionally need that nudge in His direction. Love you so much.