Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mama's, maybe you should let your babies grow up to be cowboys...^_^

Like I would know. I don't have kids. I couldn't be prouder of the men in our family, by the way. Papaw is the best man I know. He's wise, and he's strong, which is one of the reasons so many people are naming their babies after him. Way cool.
I have uncles who hunt, and their strength is spiritual as well as physical. My uncles are also strong intellectually and are good daddies. Good daddies raise good sons to be good daddies in the future. My dad is the same way. ^_^
So why this topic? I'm reading "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge, and the message I've gotten thus far is "Society has emasculated men." Strong statement. Do you think this is true or false? I think the book is good so far, and I like that this book encourages men to find the wildness within and use it to be good, Christian men. I believe that men who are chastised for being men will have severe issues and deep depression, leading to ultimate death. I also believe that God created men and women different for a reason. There are strengths and weaknesses in each sex, which is why marriage between the two is such a perfect concept. I say concept because the individuals who marry are definitely not perfect. Just ask Bryan if I'm perfect. (Brace yourself for the laughter.) Anyway, so what do you think? Does society emasculate men? If they do, why? Thanx ^_^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I'm not sure how to answer your question, but I agree with you about the men in our family. Your Papaw (my Daddy) is one of the strongest men I know --physically, mentally, and spiritually. I know he has influenced many young men and women to be the Godly people they should be and it hasn't necessarily been with forceful words. He teaches by example and that's a lesson that is more powerful than words alone. Love you, Kristi, and hope to see you soon.

Rachel said...

L-O-V-E that book and what it "preaches." I hope you continue to enjoy it!