I've got the book...where's my beach?
The Book is different from The Good Book, which I need to read more of as well...^_^
The Book is a study guide for my comprehensive exams, disaffectionately known as "The Comps--GASP!" My teacher says that all I need are 3 weeks on a beach to study this guide, and I will do well on the comps just as everybody else has in the past. No pressure, right? Now, the encouraging thing is that some of the questions in this guide are easy. I remember them from classes, and that encourages me to think that I will do well. The bad thing about this is that I could not study as much, thinking that I already know some of them. Therefore, I must use this as encouragement to study like crazy and ace the comps like everybody else will.
So where's my beach?
When I asked classmates that know PA about any kind of beach--even Searcy-ites go to Heber Springs for a nice relaxing cliff dive--they laughed. "Sure, there's a beach--Lake (Somethingorother) that is either covered with waste or dead animals." Sounds appealing, really. Times like this I wish I was "The Jumper" so I could put myself in Cinque Terre and study while I lay out by "God's Bass Drum." The ocean rolls in such a way that it sounds like a soothing bass drum, and it's beautiful. My brother got to go there recently and I'm jealous, but only in the "happy for him" way. ^_^
Okay, so no beach, but I will get to enjoy myself. Next Saturday, I'm going to the best theme park ever--Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH. Any family members that want to meet me there (ahem, Haughs)? ^_^ I am looking forward most to Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster, which both scared me to death but were just plain AWESOME. Plus, I didn't get to go to Cedar Point last summer and I was bummed. Not this time! I'm so excited.
Okay, enough for now. Love to all!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so glad you get to go to Cedar Point. I remember that being your "dream theme park" when you were in HS. Something tells me that it may not be conducive for academic enrichment; however, it may offer a clearing of the mind (terrifying roller coasters) thus making room for the information you need to retain for your Comps.
Study hard! Have fun! XO
well lets see... here in NC we are only an hr from the beach, and when we move to CA we will also be close to the beach... I'm pretty sure that means you need to come visit us! :)
Good luck on your comps, Kristi. I know you will do very well. As for the beach and studying --- well, just give me the quiet mountains and I'd do much better. :) Hope you have fun at the theme park. You need Mamaw there to ride those roller coasters with you. She loves all those rides.
Have fun at Cedar Point! John is ready for me not to be pregnant so we can go to Six Flags again. Those seat harnesses just wouldn't quite go around my belly right now!
So are you there today? (August 2) Or are you going the 9th? Zach nd Cass will be coming home the 9th and Tiff and James are going to be here sometime next week. Good luck on the comps, you're a smart girl, you'll do great! Have fun at the park.
Post a Comment