Friday, August 29, 2008

Practicum: Day One

Way cool!! These people--as in Carol and the rest of the people for whom I'm working--are awesome. They are down to earth, and they made me feel right at home. This is good--they will mentor me and shape me into a great counselor. Today was cool because I got some client time. I didn't counsel, but I did sit with some of the kids with whom I'll be working so I could get to know them. I had a great time today. I started off feeling nervous and intimidated, and then I remembered that Dr. Ron said he would be nervous if we didn't go into practicum nervous. ^_^ I also called Bryan for a word of comfort. Thanx a lot!! You're the best! ^_^
I definitely have my hands full. This will not be an easy job and will be trying at times, but it will also be very meaningful. I need to learn to do things that I don't do well, just learning how to do them for my growth. I am competitive--duh, say the people who know me well--and can be a little too hard on myself. This is not the place for this. With prayer and petition, I will become a good counselor. At least today was a good start. Yea for good mentors!
Bryan and I are house/dog-sitting for a few days. Our preacher and his wife are out of town for the weekend, so we are taking care of their home and their pups, Newton and Emily. They are both beagles. Emily is a sweetheart and is young and full of energy. Newton is OLD, deaf, and blind. They are easy to watch over, though, and since we're spending the night here, it's like a mini-vacation. Fun stuff. ^_^
Love to all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're gonna do great, Kristi!

And I know you are loving taking care of those beagles. Beagles are my favorite!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that your first day went well! I hope you learn lots and have some fun along the way! XO