I published a book with Lulu.com, which is an independent publishing site. I haven't bought an ISBN yet, so I can't sell it through other sites until I do so, but it can be bought at lulu.com. The actual address is http://www.lulu.com/content/3860098
Yea! This is actually an activity book for parents and children, in which parents ask their kids a set of questions, and then their kids draw their answers. The book is for kids ages 5-12, with specifications on certain questions and subquestions. I've been wanting to do this for a while. My inspiration was my own childhood, times when I would ask my mom, "What if the world were chocolate?" and I don't think I ever drew what it would look like! Research shows--which is included in the book--that free-form drawing encourages higher self-esteem and being able to work better in a group. I hope that children all over the world are encouraged to draw, despite the level of artistic talent they may or not have.
This is fun. I got my book in the mail yesterday. I hope other people like it as I do. ^_^ Love to all!
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Cool! You have so much initiative!
WOW! I'm so impressed. I'll have to get a copy of this book.
That's incredible, Kristi! As you have seen on my blog, we have a lot of "those kinds" of questions at our house!!
I am so impressed and proud of you! It's a wonderful idea, Kristi. We will definitely have to get one to use for when Abby gets a little older. :)
Post a Comment