Monday, September 29, 2008

Normal...

Elizabeth's post made me think about my "normal". Normal is to go to school. I've been in school for eleven-hundred years. I'm beginning to think that I may never get out, although May will be beautiful--I will GRADUATE. At the same time, however, it will be a huge transition. I will no longer be...a student! I suppose I'll always be a student, in that the day I stop learning is the day I die. If I am ever so arrogant that I think I can't learn anymore, it won't be long before I am sorely humbled...
Okay, so what else is normal? Coffee in the morning. Without coffee in the morning, I feel less functional and strikingly abnormal. Coffee just has that lift that is required to make it through all days, good and bad. My new favorite store is "McGinnis Sisters," which has amazing produce, phenomenal fresh fish--the tuna is gorgeous!!--and you said it, coffee...YUM.
Another normal thing is for Bryan to take normal food and make it abnormally beautiful. He can take pasta, olive oil, garlic, and cheese, and combine it into this magical creation. Yea for being married to a chef! I made us egg sandwiches the other day, which was slightly abnormal because he's better at making food for us, but I enjoyed doing something fun "culinarily" for my husband. I'm getting better at making stuff--I made spiced pecans for this killer salad that we had at church for a meeting last week, and everybody went "nuts" over them...^_^
Hmmm, it is normal to read until my eyes fall out of their sockets. I have a lot to read!! I have quizzes and assignments almost every week, but this helps me get all the info in, as opposed to doing my usual style of procrastinating it "done" at the last minute.
It is becoming more normal to read the Bible and pray with my husband. What's cool and something that I'm realizing more and more, is that when I take the time to read and pray with Bryan, it makes all the other things that need done seem more do-able, which is ironic because when I don't read and pray, it's because I have "too much to do." If I don't have a basis in God, though, everything else is "meaningless" anyway, right?
So, what's normal with you? ^_^

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"nuts" over spiced pecans -- I laughed at that one.

Normal for me:

Morning: coffee and the Today Show (Meredith is fine, but I miss Katie)

Work:
Mapquesting -- how do I get to where I said I would go next?
Rental Cars, Airports, Metros
Constant communication -- email, phone, personal visits
Evaluating -- trends, transcripts, references, work history
Committee Meetings

Evenings:
Teaching
Reading
Exercise - more "occasional" than normal
TV -- The Office, Criminal Minds, Heroes

Perhaps a little boring -- but "normal" for now.

XO

Anonymous said...

I loved this post Kristi. It gave me more insight into your life right now.

I remember "finally" being out of school. However, the whole next year, I might be reading for fun or watching TV and suddenly, I had this panic feeling come over me that I should be doing homework, writing a paper, etc. Then I just sighed, and smiled! :)

Kim Hodges said...

Great post! I may copy ... :)