Monday, October 06, 2008

Megan's wedding, yea!!!! ^_^

It was a blast!!! Megan was gorgeous, Zack was handsome (both were, but the groom description had to follow the bride, right?) Kierrabelle was an adorable flower girl, and Kole couldn't have been handsomer in his little suit. He was especially cute when he was dancing to the music! He was also cute when he was helping direct Kierrabelle down the aisle. ("Hey! Go that way!--big point--go that way!!") A fun day was had by all. Megan's dress was phenomenal. She looked radiant, as most brides tend to do. Plus, the sun was shining on her, which is lucky, and so she looked extra happy. ^_^
The whole day was Megan, absolutely. She had bluegrass music playing. She's always been folks-y, which fits in with the neat way she sings and plays guitar. I so love that about her! Uncle Kevin sang a song to her that he used to sing to her when she was a little girl, and I nearly cried. It's too bad that Megan's voice wasn't feeling so hot that day because the girl has talent.

The setting was Megan as well. The leaves were beginning to change, and the hills were beautiful. They encased the setting of the ceremony perfectly. Besides the area being beautiful, Megan has always excelled in the outdoors, especially when it comes to fishing. I still remember being a little girl and fishing with the cousins, being horrified because I was told to pick a worm up from the ground and put it on the hook by myself, and I just couldn't do it. Megan did it for me. ^_^ Thanx, Meg. ^_^

The bridesmaids' dresses were Megan. They were satin but also had a dragonfly pin on the side, and I remember megan liking dragonflies. It was the perfect touch. I wish I had pictures!! This will teach me to bring a digital camera to a wedding without extra batteries...

Thanx to Aunt Donna, the wedding cake was amazing. It was a white cake with chocolate icing and raspberry filling. Aunt Donna even fashioned birds to put on the cake and these cute little white flowers as well. Great job, Aunt Donna! Aunt Kathy also made peach cobbler, which was wonderful. Bryan especially loved the cobbler, since he's a big fan of fruit desserts.

Uncle Mike did a sweet ceremony. He made the right jokes at the appropriate times. ^_^ I loved how he made me think about love. I was so glad to have Bryan there next to me so we could watch Megan and Zack dedicate their lives together, and have us rededicate our lives to each other. I'm such a sucker for weddings. ^_^

Aunt Kathy and Uncle Kevin looked happy, sad, excited, enthralled, all the emotions that people have when their children are getting married. What a beautiful thing, to get married, to fall in love, and then to, as Uncle Mike said, make a choice to love for the rest of your life. It's a power that many people don't trust anymore, but it's also one in which I believe, thanks to a God who makes this love possible.

Love to all, and I am so glad that I got to see some of my family. I miss you so much, and I pray for you everyday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, you should write the article for the Mannington newspaper. :) This was a great recap of the day. Surely was good to see you, even if it was just for about 2 hours. Come see us!

Anonymous said...

I looked at Aunt Donna's pictures and it looks like you left one gorgeous couple out of the blog. I loved the picture of you and Bryan!

I wish I could have been at the wedding too, but I know you represented our family well!

Deborah said...

What a sweet post!! I loved the recap of the wedding. Sorta made me feel like I was there.

cassandra and zachary said...

It was so fun to meet you and Bryan! I'm glad you got a little touch of family time from the south.

Kim Hodges said...

So glad you got to go!

Anonymous said...

I love your post about the wedding! Yes, I think you should write the article for the Fairmont paper, The West Virginia Times...sorry Mannington is too small for a newspaper. We were so blessed by the glorious day and the fact that we had loving family there. Thank you so much for coming Bryan and Kristi! It was a special added blessing to the wedding.