


Have to thank Pete Vann for this idea. I saw Pete's my freshman year at Harding, and I thought it was the coolest idea. I never did it before, but now when I watch a movie, I hear something meaningful or just funny and part of what makes the movie that movie, and I have a scrap of paper nearby and a pen, I jump up and write it down. Much better is when I have the book nearby--usually do--always carry it in my purse. Eventually, when I write enough quotes down, I'll have to transfer it into a big HUGE book like Pete's. For now, the tiny little notebook will suffice. Some of them are encouraging:
"Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around." ~Sofia, "Vanilla Sky"
"Do or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda, "Empire Strikes Back"
"It's only after we've lost everything that we are free to do anything." ~Tyler Durgin, "Fight Club"
"When life gets you down, just keep swimming! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" ~Dori, "Finding Nemo"
Some of them are difficult to hear but real, and some simply affect us deeply:
"Harboring resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die." (Don't remember what this one is from, but it's true.)
"Easy doesn't enter into grown-up life."~Dave Spritz, "The Weatherman"
"You wanna take a break...now? You take a break you'll find no peace. The way to find peace is to stick." "American History X"
"Sometimes to throw a punch, you have to step back. Step back too far, you're not fighting at all." ~Scrap, "Million Dollar Baby"
Some are just fun!
"You gotta eat lightning and crap thunder!" ~Mickey, "Rocky II"
"I don't want my wings cut!" ~Horace, followed by, "No man does, Horace, no man does." ~Dolly Levi, "Hello, Dolly!"
"90% of the people in the world are fools and the rest of us are in great danger of contamination." ~Horace, "Hello, Dolly!"
"Bueller? Bueller?" ~Come on, need I say more???
"Thank goodness men die young. It's the only justification we get!" ~Zoe, "Something's Gotta Give"
"That's right, who's your daddy!" "Wayne Rink!" ~ "Thirteen Going on 30"
Hope you enjoyed!!!

1 comment:
One of my favorites, "Have fun stormin' the castle!"- Miracle Max in The Princess Bride. To me it's sort of saying the same thing as Ecclesiastes 9:10. "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might."
Post a Comment