Saturday, June 16, 2007

Fiesta! ^_^




We had SO much fun tonight! Our church has get-togethers (Holly, is that hyphenated?) every once in a while, just to be together, eat, and play games. This one's theme was a fiesta. We had a blast! The first picture is of our preacher, Reid Moon, who is the best combination of spirituality and fun of anybody I've ever met. He's the coolest! He also has so much to say to get me thinking. It's such a God thing that he's my preacher.
The third picture is of his son, Jacob, who is way cool. He's about to finish college--on his last year for a musical scholarship. Anyway, he was also swinging at a pinata. Way fun. I bought it and stuffed it with tootsie rolls--any pinata I've ever seen has been stuffed with them--as well as some fun dip and a few other pieces of candy. We also had a pinata for the kids in picture number two. These girls are so cute! I just had to get a shot of them on the swing.
We also had a live pinata. Hmm, I just realized I didn't get a shot of the live pinata. Of course, it's hard to take a picture of yourself. That was me! It was fun. I took crepe paper and taped really long pieces all over me, and I ran like the dickens all over the yard while people tore after me, trying to remove all of the crepe paper. When the last piece was removed, I threw the candy I was carrying in the air. It was SO much fun!!!!! People got a kick out of it. I'm sure I looked funny, but we had a blast.
By the way, I'm one of the Ministresses of Fun at our church. Lisa Goda is the other one, and we plan these parties together. We had fun planning this one, and we look forward to planning the next one, too. ^_^
May all of you enjoy your church as much as Bryan and I do! ^_^ Love to all!

5 comments:

Jina Hinson said...

Krist,

That does sound like a blast of party! And I love it that you are a Ministress of Fun!! Definitely a spiritual gift of yours.

Hugs,
Aunt Jina

Kim Hodges said...

LOL! I can just see you running around with crepe paper stringing behind you! That's too funny.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it was a fun party!

holly said...

Yes to the hyphening, I think.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe Ministress of Fun must have been created just for you, Kristi! Looks like a great party. Isn't it nice, now that winter is over, to be able to enjoy the outdoors in Pennsylvania. I love this time of the year in WV.