...And I was, last night. ^_^ Yeah, I thought I'd make a comment about how it was unfortunate how so many people had lost power, and then I said, "Bryan, do you think we'll see any of the after-effects of Ike?" After he said, "No", our electricity went out. Stayed out all night! The winds were blowing like crazy. Thought that we might have a tornado, since the sky was really light, but it didn't turn yellow so I figured we were safe. Of course, we live out in the country, where NObody else is, so we were a little nervous. At any rate, the worst we saw was a tree waving at us as if we hadn't seen it in years. It did not break the window, so we were happy. ^_^
So what did we do? Our earlier plans were to watch the Steelers crush the Browns. Although we did not watch the game, Steelers were led to victory anyway. Go Heinz-Ward!!! Instead of watching the game, therefore, we sat around and did stuff that they did in olden times--sat around playing guitar, read, played cards, and yes, danced in the dark. I'm so glad we took those dancing lessons!! I recommend this for ALL married couples--dancing lessons are wonderful and romantic. Husbands, you will score points. ^_^
Anyway, we woke up this morning without power, still, so we went out to eat for breakfast. That was nice. We went to one of those places where the servers do everything but put an IV in your veins for your coffee. In other words, every other sip, there she was with the coffee pot. I think I averaged about 2 1/2 cups all together.
Electricity is on at school, so here I am, awaiting another class. I'm looking forward to class because I'm coming up with some ideas for a group which I might lead at practicum. I'm excited!! I will definitely be reading books for more ideas, but in the meantime, my creative juices are flowing like crazy.
Here's love from PA!! ^_^
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! Your power was out longer than ours was! Glad you're safe!
Some people "weather the storm" while others struggle to just "keep moving forward." It is your optimistic spirit that allows you to dance through the storm! Way to go! I'm glad it was a fun evening!
Someone should write a song about that...
Post a Comment