Monday, October 27, 2008

Surprise Baby Shower


Sami

Lisa

Mary, Sandy, Julie

Marian, Mary, Sandy

Nicole and Elaine

Marian and Sandy

Linda, Glory, Carol

Sami, Lisa, Diana, Mary

Me and Whitney

Mary
Yesterday was so much fun!! My friend, Whitney, who also lives here in PA is expecting her third baby, first girl. All the ladies at church threw her a shower, and up until she got to church and saw her friends walking in, she had no idea! It was so much fun. We had typical foods, punch, a fun cake, and games. ^_^
I got to do the games, and that was fun. We played celebrity baby names game, where you match up celebrities with their kids' names, such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Apple. She named her kid that, by the way, because the name sounded CLEAN. Whatever. ^_^
We also played "Build a Baby's Library" where we each brought a book as a gift for Lucy, Whitney's baby, and the book had special meaning attached to it. I brought "Robert the Rose Horse" because I remember my family reading it with special emphasis on the sneezes! How fun. ^_^
Finally, we played a game I invented where you look at the differences between raising boys and girls, such as differences in hair fixing, potty training, toys you buy, and protectiveness. ^_^ Whitney wrote her list while everybody else wrote theirs, and people who matched the most got a prize. ^_^ That was fun. Whitney keeps thinking about the whole hair-fixing thing because with two boys, you don't have to do so much!
We had a great time. Here are some pictures of me and my wonderful church lady friends! I'm so glad I'm here. These people are so wonderful. ^_^

4 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

What a sweet surprise! And your hair is really getting long! And you're up way too early!

Anonymous said...

How did I know you would be the one in charge of games? :) What a nice surprise for your friend. Even with a third child, baby needs new things and how fun for you all to throw her a party. What would we do without our church friends?

Anonymous said...

There is a lot of love in those pictures! I am glad you have such a wonderful church family. I know they are thankful that you are there to plan the games!

Deborah said...

Oh my goodness, I was going to say almost the exact same thing as my mom...I mean, I was going to say exactly, "How did I know you would be the one incharge of games?"

Freaky.