Monday, August 14, 2006

Root, root, root for the...Pirates????


So I'm in Pittsburgh!!! So sue me. They're fanatical about a team that by most definitions stinks. Well, I suppose it's the same scenario for Arkansans and the Cardinals this season. We will rise again! So yesterday I went with my husband, our preacher, his wife, their daughter and her husband, and the preacher's wife's brother-in-law--all avid Pirates fans. Then there's me, who usually doesn't care about sports unless I'm related to one of the players, or unless I'm at the game. I usually end up cheering for the losing team by default. So yesterday, I figure I'll be true to my Arkansas roots and cheer for the Cardinals, and we'll get a win. WRONG!!!!! Cardinals lost 0-7!! That's okay. I'm not really that heartbroken either way. I mostly cheered for the Cardinals--quietly, of course, so as to avoid a beating--to get on Bryan's nerves. It worked. ^_^
Okay, speaking of Bryan, It's our SECOND ANNIVERSARY TODAY!!!!!!! It's been a lot of fun. He's the best husband I could ever IMAGINE having. For a present, I had tee-shirts made!!! We drew pictures of each other last year, and I saved them, and last week, I had them airbrushed on to shirts. They look cute! So, tonight, Bryan's surprising me with a special dinner at a restaurant of which I've never heard. Bryan's (obviously)--got impeccable taste, so it'll be great food.
Okay, that's a long enough entry. Three cheers to those who stuck it out to the end. ^_^
Love, K

4 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Hope your dinner tonight is fabulous. Good to visit this morning!

(Go Rangers!)

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy this day!

Kristi Petrak said...

Thanks to both Kim and Elizabeth ^_^

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Oh, you've got to post later to say where you went to eat and what you had! I'm such a "foodie."