Saturday, August 19, 2006

What's the balance?

Isn't life all about balance? There's an inappropriate balance between fat and muscle, so you should lose weight. There's an inappropriate balance between happiness and sadness, so you need to calm down or cheer up. Same with sensitivity. Those who know me best know that I have a very sensitive heart. I use it for good--I can tell when people are hurting, and I can make them feel better. Sometimes, it works overtime, and I think people are sad, but they're simply not "especially happy." I prayed to God to make me not be so sensitive because my feelings get hurt easily. Later, I changed my mind b/c I think being sensitive will help me to become a really good counselor someday. At the same time, I need to toughen up, and I believe God is using my job to do so.
I work with people--not all, mind you--that are very blunt and like to tell me how it is. "those plates don't turn that way, Kristi," and then they move them an inch to the right, and they say, "That's how it goes." Tonight went pretty crazily. My sensitive nature was working overtime, though, and so instead of feeling constructive criticism, I felt attacked from all sides. At times, I wish I could be like some workers and not care about what people think, but at the same time, my feelings encourage me to work hard so people will know I'm a hard worker. Oh, well.
Anyway, Bryan is extremely happy to be at the Radisson. He enjoyed his 2nd day immensely, and everybody says he's a hard worker. Yea! I knew he was, but now others do, too!
Anyway, thanks for reading and have a lovely evening!
By the way, overtime rocks! I got my next paycheck today. ^_^

No comments: