Sunday, March 04, 2007

The best birthday EVER!








Bryan and I had the best time at Eleven tonight! The restaurant is SO great. The food was amazing. I had the best birthday celebration EVER! Seriously, Aunt Kathy, you're 2 hours away--you gotta go to Eleven--if not to at least see me (hee hee!), but to have the best dessert of your life! Plus, Bryan's cousin was celebrating her birthday as well, so we went as a big group of 8 tonight. It was fun! Bryan's sisters, Lara and Ria, Ria's boyfriend, Chris, Bryan's mom, and Bryan's cousin's husband--we were all there together. It was great! Bryan has a really nice family.
The food was fantastic. I mean, REALLY fantastic. I had this lobster risotto for an appetizer, and for dinner, I had lamb. It's really cool because it's farm-raised lamb and so we know it wasn't pumped with steroids to be raised faster for the meat--naturally grown and better for me. Plus, people all over the world like to get lamb from the farm from whence the lamb came--a farm in good ole PA. Kinda cool, huh? Anyway, it was nothing short of spectacular.
Here's dessert.
Okay, I haven't quite figured out how to align the right comments with the right pictures, but you can figure it out. Anyway, for those who you don't know, the platinum blonde is Lara, and she's in a picture with Donna, Bryan's mom. The picture with the sister with dark hair is Maria and her boyfriend Chris. I loved the special touch they added to my birthday dessert. Special, wasn't it?
Dessert, by the way, was AWESOME. It was this banana cake thing that also had cinnamon sugar syrup on it. Whee-hoo!! I had espresso with it too because it made me think of Italy. So glad Bryan works at Eleven--otherwise, we couldn't eat at a place like this! This, as it is, will be a very SPECIAL occasion place to eat. Hope everyone has something like Eleven nearby because it was so much fun.
Love to all!!! ^_^
PS--the last one is everybody all together. We had a blast.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kristi, what fun! Your dinner description made me hungry just listening to you talk about it. It's always wonderful to celebrate anything with family and good food. I'm glad Bryan's family is there close, but the selfish side of me wishes you were closer to us too. You look wonderful, by the way! Love that little black dress -- so chic! Keep celebrating your birthday all week! Love you.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great birthday celebration. You and Bryan look great -- makes me hungry to see you!!!!

Love the new haircut too!

See you in a month!

Kim Hodges said...

You may now officially call me "LOSER SISTER" for not calling on Friday. Actually, I did try, but I only had the old cell number. I'm SO SORRY.

Looks like your birthday bash was so fun! That dessert is beautiful, and you look way awesome.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

You guys look so great, and your hair is really cute! I'm definitely drooling over here as I read through your birthday menu. Yum! I'm so glad you had a good birthday!

Deborah said...

Lobster risotto--YUMMY!! You totally deserve a fancy birthday because you truly appreciate it. Can you believe that some people can afford to eat that kind of stuff every night? I bet they don't savor the flavors as much as you did, though! Happy Birthday. You and Bryan look so happy and healthy, by the way.

Tiffany Rose said...

yea! I love Birthdays!!! happy happy b-day

Elizabeth said...

Kristi, you look so cute! Love the hair! And, that dinner sounds amazing! Glad it was a good birthday.

Anonymous said...

You're both gorgeous! What a wonderful time for you. Glad it was a fabulous birthday. The food does look so yummy. I love your "little black dress". So chic and sophisticated. I would love to come to ELEVEN to eat. I really hope we can make it up some day.