Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It's the time of the season for...coughing!!!


Two days ago, I started coughing as soon as I got home from work. NOT fun. Yesterday, I'm sure I scared half the people that were at my tables with my sexy raspy voice. (Refer to Phoebe from "Friends"--her sexy phlegm. ^_^)
I had a fever for the past coupla days and today it is breaking, so I should be fine tomorrow. Good night's sleep and just the right medicine. Makes me really appreciate being healthy! Isn't it funny how sometimes it takes losing something to really appreciate it? Also, knowing you can't have something sometimes makes you want it more, but that's another blog...^_^
At any rate, the weather is warmer (for real this time??) this week. If anybody's noticed, I've blogged about the weather for the past couple of times because the North is CRUEL. Keeps teasing me with warm days, making me think all the snow is gone. We'll see, but at any rate, today is beautiful.
I pray that none of you get sick. I know we all do, but I don't wish it on anybody. Love to all!

Oh, one more thing--a main difference between North and South is tea. Order tea in the south, it's sweet iced tea. Here, tea is either hot or unsweetened. Hot tea is GREAT for the sore throat, though. ^_^

4 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

Sorry you've been sick, but I'm glad your fever is breaking. We took Bison to the vet today ... tummy troubles. He's on a special diet the next day or so. He just looks pitiful moping around! Here's to hoping both of you make a full recovery!

Anonymous said...

This will do the trick:

Mom's Russian Tea

Steep 1 bag of tea
Add pineapple juice, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, cloves, and cinnamon. Add a sweetener if you need it. Drink it as hot as you can stand and your throat will start to feel better!

XO, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better, Kristi!

Anonymous said...

So sorry you have been sick. Yes, the weather here is a tease. I THINK, we have seen the last of snow atleast. Maybe the temps will be nicer too. We have had 70 degree weather today! Yeah! We sat on the deck all afternoon. Kole and Dandaddy waded in the stream in their boots. I can hear the peepers outside, so I think that means spring is here! Enjoy! Tiff says it's already in the 90's in NC. We won't have that for awhile.