Sunday, March 25, 2007

Reign Over Me


Wow. What a GREAT movie. Bryan and I saw it this evening. This film captured complex human emotion at its utmost and the essence and beauty of family.
I love how Adam Sandler isn't simply a funny actor anymore. He showed that by being in Punch Drunk Love. He is fantastic in Reign Over Me. He plays a man who lost his family in a plane crash, and his former friend from college, Don Cheadle, reunites with him as friends to help him heal. Anybody who's already seen this knows that I'm being VERY superficial about this whole thing, but I don't want to give anything away. The movie is touching and powerful, and I cried. I don't cry in a lot of movies, so to clue you in to the aspect of power it takes for me to cry in a movie, I cried in Million Dollar Baby. This movie was beautiful, and I think all who see it will be touched as deeply as I was. God gives us friends that come into our lives for a reason, to teach us something or to be taught something, and then He also gives us friends to mean something more, to be there permanently, coming back in and out and being there for what matters. God is beautiful and gives us beautiful friendships that must not be taken for granted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, now you've got me eager to see the movie. Hope you are having a great day. Love ya!

Tiffany Rose said...

i can't wait to see this movie!

Anonymous said...

This is one movie I have been waiting to see. Sounds like I won't be disappointed! Thanks for the review, Kristi.

Amber said...

I MISS YOU, KRISTI!!!!!

*sniff sniff*

Now I really want to see the movie too! Maybe you should be a movie critic...