Saturday, June 02, 2007

It's swim time, baby!

I'm SO glad that the pools are open!!!! Time for SWIMMING. Now, swimming means many different things to people. For some, it's time to lay out. For others, time to do serious laps. Some spend quality time on the water slide and the diving board and relish in the adult only swim time. My swim time is a melange of all of the above. I'm pale as a ghost from the winter and well, LIFE in general, so I have a lot of tanning to do. Oh, and to be honest, I'm not one of the "serious" lap people, but I make myself do at least 10. I play the rest of the time. ^_^ Oh, and as far as swimming goes, I'm an expert...doggie paddler...I don't even like to put my head under water except for when I've just jumped off of the diving board or gone down the slide.
So, what kind of swimmer are you? May your pooltimes be merry! ^_^

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that goggles, nose plugs, and ear plugs make underwater swimming not so painful! :) It is not particularly beautiful to look at though!

Have fun in the water during your short Pennsylvania summer and don't forget the sun screen!

Deborah said...

I can save myself from drowning, and that's about the extent of my swimming abilities!

No, I actually do enjoy getting in the water with my kiddos. Joshua is a beginner swimmer (sometimes floaties on, sometimes off) and Caleb is a baby pool/floaties-type guy. So, my time in the pool consists of watching them like hawks! It's fun though. We go every time we can. Happy swimming!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, swimming isn't my idea of a "fun" sport, but that's because Uncle Mike tells me that I don't swim, I just "stay alive in the water." :) Actually, I don't mind an indoor pool, because it's the sun and probability of getting a sunburn even with sunscreen that I really don't like. Well, that and feeling like I have to lifeguard for every child in the pool around me, relatives or not!!! Have fun in the water all you insane people!!!

Kim Hodges said...

When I go alone, it's all business--laps for me. But when I have the kids ... I hear ya, Deb! Keeping the children from drowning is a full-time job! We got new swim gear for the kids--Superman floaty bodysuit for Johnathan and a baby ring for Kalleigh. I can't wait to try them out next week! Have fun swimming this summer!

Amber said...

We have a pool in our apartment complex, and I'm so looking forward to swimming in it soon!

I'm more of a relax, move slowly around the pool kind of girl. Although, sometimes I like to do laps.

Anonymous said...

I really like the water, but prefer a pristine lake or mountain stream with a deep hole or two to swim in. When I'm in the pool, I swim a few laps, widthwise, NOT lengthwise, then I LOVE to do front flips and backflips in the water, and the whole flip the hair out of the water thing. My family has this thing where we all stand in the shallow end and the one person in front goes under and swims through everyone's legs. Then there's the trick where you and a partner face each other and one goes feet-first through the other's legs and pulls the other over the top and you both end up back-to-back. I can usually talk one of my kids into doing that with me once during the summer. Love the dizzy feeling from doing flips though. It makes me giggle!This was probably WAY too much information. I really love swimming!

Anonymous said...

Me? Swim?? I think, I might be able to save myself if I kept my head on straight. Hopefully, there won't be a situation where I have to. Actually, I just "dress out" for swimming, because I love to show off my body!! The hole in the knee of my swim suit is distracting, though.

Love you,
Guess who.