Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I gotta be me

Don't get me wrong--I'm getting better at dealing with stressful situations. I'm dealing with them openly and honestly. Tonight, I gotta have fun because I'm staying positive and not getting depressed about the health of my Papaw. Now there is hope, honestly, since the bone scan results came back the way we wanted them to, and so there is hope that the cancer can be taken away with one/two quick surgeries. the last I heard, the docs hadn't agreed as to where Papaw should have heart surgery first or not. Talk to Mamaw for the latest. She's there 98% of the time. As any person does, she needs to sleep SOMEtime. She's hoss, I swear.
Okay. Time for fun. Work is fun--with the right clientele. Our customers today loved the service--thank you, very much--and the food--which Bryan will be cooking as of tomorrow. Whee-hoo! Thank you, God, for jobs. The right people surrounding me make work fun. I worked with a great team, so we cleared dishes swiftly and cleaned up the room with the same quick speed. I'm getting better at this and catching on to different things. Kinda nicely, I might add. One of the banquet captains told me that I might be ranking up there with the best! How fun. More work will only improve this. Now, I still believe that it's incredibly persnickety. Why should it matter that a person has 3 forks with which to eat? Why should it matter that all the salts on the table are to the right of the pepper, and that the sugar caddies all face the same way? Bryan tries to explain this to me with a simple--"It needs to be uniform"--to which (those who know me best already know my response) I say "But WHY???" Of course, I keep this response away from my banquet captains, who understand this completely. Good for them. All I can say is, I can do this right for $8.50/hr for now, and after Italy, I'll get back into school and finish my degree. Geneva college, by the way, seems to be very interested. I sent them a request for information. They've sent me two letters since, both of which request me to have a tour of the campus! Whee-hoo. Back in school before I know it.
What else is fun? Working out is fun! 2 years ago, I'd laugh if someone told me I'd say that. I worked out--happily, I might add--for 3 hours today. I sat on the bike for an hour--with my trusty Cosmo in tow--worked the weights for 45 minutes, and then I did my Salsa dancing class for an hour. My balance is improving!
Church is fun. These people are wonderful. I never knew I'd enjoy a small church as much as I am. God is wonderful.
Okay, that's enough. Love, K

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

3 hours at the gym?!?! Girl, you are my hero!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've worked out that much in my life--total! :) Thanks for your phone message yesterday. So much going on, but I know things will work out. My "blog" is www.xanga.com/rdcochran if you want to check it out. Love you!